According to the NY Daily News – Someone is growing marijuana plants around the sidewalks of the East Village of NYC. Someone needs to keep the Hipsters in Brooklyn and out of Manhattan.
“It looks like amateur weed to me,” said pot dealer Thomas Walker after surveying the smattering of plants on Second Ave. off E. Houston St. “No one’s put any love into it.”
I wonder how they got Thomas Walker “Pot Dealer” to be quoted on this.
Here’s another great quote from the article:
“I’ve seen people out here at night, scouring around for it,” said Reese, 25, of Staten Island. “But I’m more interested in hallucinogens.”
1. The would-be burglar was in his seventies.
2. He was carrying a cane. And an oxygen tank.
3. Upon entering the midtown clothing store Sarar, he announced it was a stickup.
4. He fired several (missed) shots at the manager and a customer, yelling: “You want one? You want another one?”
5. No one was hurt, but eight suits were shot through, and one bullet landed in the jacket pocket of the last one.
6. Even though he was ambling on a cane and with an oxygen tank, he escaped …
7. … in a big, shiny black Cadillac.”
Read the full story here:
Geezer thief raises cane [NYP]
What is Band of Buds?
Band of Buds is a competition to find the best Crew in America. What’s a Crew? You and three friends who think you’re the best group of friends in the USA!
How does it work?
Each team competes online at BandofBuds.com by creating their own page, drumming up fans, sharing awesome content and earning points.
The top 12 Crews with the most points in each region will be invited to compete at a local Casting Call party where their camaraderie, style and game will be voted on by a panel of judges.
One Crew will be selected from each regional Casting Call party, 25 in total, to compete in the Band of Buds Finals in Las Vegas; a four-day, reality show-like competition. Then, and only then, will we crown the official Band of Buds who will take home $100,000 and be featured in Rolling Stone magazine.
A German student “mooned” a group of Hell’s Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer, police have said.